In most homes, 20% of the air that passes through the ducts is lost as a result of leaks, holes and loose connections in your duct system, according to ENERGY STAR – a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
This increases your utility bills and reduces the comfort level in your home.
How do I know if my air ducts need sealing?
Consider air duct sealing if you have:
- extremely high utility bills (even with newer heating and cooling equipment)
- visible holes/tears in your ductwork
- rooms that seem impossible to keep comfortable
- a dusty house, even after you just cleaned
Schedule a repair and we can see if your air ducts need sealing or if there’s a different problem.
Benefits of sealing your air ducts
- Increases comfort – No more hot or cold spots in your home!
- Saves money – Sealed ducts ensure that your HVAC system works only as long as it needs to. Since cooling and heating makes up almost 50% of your utility bill, your savings will be significant!
- Ensures safer living – Sealed ducts prevent toxic combustion gases (like carbon monoxide) from being drawn into your home’s living areas through leaking ductwork.
- Protects your family’s health – Leaky ducts suck in dust, mold and other contaminants and blow them throughout your home. Sealing your ducts keeps everybody healthy.
Wondering if your air ducts need to be sealed? Call George Brazil or